The Francqui Prize is awarded every year. This Prize has to be considered as an inducement for a young scientist rather than the achievement of a career. This is the reason why the age limit is set at 50 years.
This prize is awarded successively in the field of the exact sciences, human sciences and biological and medical sciences.
Candidates to this prize can be nominated, or by two members from a Royal Belgian Academy who emerge from de same discipline as the proposed candidate, or by a former Prize Laureat.
A person who has been nominated for the awarding of this Prize cannot be taken into account within the three following years.
The demands introduced by indivuals for themselves are not taken into account.
The Francqui Prize cannot be shared : nevertheless it can be awarded to more than one person when it is obvious that they have worked together and that their contribution cannot be split.
The Board of Directors of the Francqui Foundation awards the Prize. Nevertheless the Board requires usually the input of an International Jury. The decision of the Board is determinant.
The amount of the Francqui Prize is 250.000 €.
The deadline for introducing a request is 15th of October.
Presentation must be in English to enable the international jury to evaluate the files
Introduced by the sponsors in accordance with Article 4 of the rules of the Francqui Prize :
An original (paper) full version containing : (in this ordre)
- A page reflecting the name, the date of birth, the nationality, the affiliation of the candidate and the name and affiliation of the sponsors
- A motivation letter and a description of the works of the candidate, with reference to the 5 most relevant publications.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Complete list of publications
- Bibliometrics indicators, if available
- Maximum 20 publications
- A CD version in the same order as the paper version + the most relevant publications scanned